Definitions and interpretation
1. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
3. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
4. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
5. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
2. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Clarkes Cabin Transport Ltd/Clarkes Solutions Ltd is the "data controller". This means that Clarkes Cabin Transport Ltd/Clarkes Solutions Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
1. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
3. job title;
5. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
6. demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
7. financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
8. IP address (automatically collected);
9. web browser type and version (automatically collected);
10. operating system (automatically collected);
11. a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
12. order requirements;
13. site information;
How we collect Data
1. We collect Data in the following ways:
2. data is given to us by you; and
3. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
1. Clarkes Cabin Transport Ltd will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
2. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
3. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
4. when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
5. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
6. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
7. when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
1. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
2. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
1. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
2. internal record keeping;
3. improvement of our products / services;
4. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
5. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Keeping Data secure
1. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
2. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
3. we store your Data on secure servers.
4. payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
5. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
6. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
2. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
1. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
2. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
3. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
4. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
5. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
6. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
7. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
8. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
10. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
2. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
3. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
3. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
4. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Clarkes Cabin Transport Ltd by email at email@example.com.